Thursday, December 24, 2009
December 7, 2009.
TO: Secretary Clinton
Our Chairman is one of a few that represents the entire Native American population in his position at the National Congress of American Indians. A position he has stated that he is honored to have. The committee met with President Obama along with many great Nations recently and gave Secretary Clinton the recommendations for change, they are as follows:
1. Refocus on substantive goals while respecting tribal sovereignty and the federal trust responsibility.
2. Develop accountability and tracking provisions.
3. Focus on solutions, bring positive discussions to tribal nations.
4. Inter agency cooperation.
5. Create opportunities for both formal consultation on developed proposals and early informal scoping on tribal issues.
Click this for Matthew Wesaw interview link
Matthew Wesaw State police link
United Tribes of Michigan link
Michigan Civil Rights link
(Click on the title of this story for for the entire report)